What is Aurora HDR 2017?
Aurora HDR 2017 is a joint project between Macphun and Trey Ratcliff to produce the finest HDR software in the world, giving you all the tools needed to create breathtaking images.
Macphun is one of the world’s leading developers of consumer and professional photography software, serving over 30 million customers worldwide. All of the company’s software is made exclusively for Mac.
Trey Ratcliff is a photographer, artist, writer and adventurer with over 9 million fans around the world who regularly follow his exploits and seek photographic education and inspiration from his work. He is the world's most famous HDR photographer and his images have been viewed on the Internet over 115 billion times.
Using Trey’s vast experience with the current tools in the market, and advanced technology from Macphun, we have jointly created state-of-the-art software to help photographers of all skill levels make amazing images. Aurora HDR 2017 contains every imaginable tool needed to produce high-quality “next generation” dramatic images.
What is HDR?
High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography is a popular photographic technique designed to overcome the limitations of image sensors in digital photographs. This process utilizes multiple exposures of the same subject, each shot at different exposure values (“brackets”). Those are then automatically merged into a single shot which encompasses a greater exposure range.
Key features that make Aurora HDR 2017 the best
- Total HDR editing experience with the most complete set of tools available.
- Powerful one-click presets, including Signature Pro presets by Trey Ratcliff, Captain Kimo and others, yield fantastic results instantly.
- Layers, brushes and masking provide the ultimate in selective editing.
- Luminosity masks, selective via the Zone System, provide extensive fine-tuning control.
- Unique Radiance and Glow controls and custom texture blending for creative versatility.
- Detail enhancement to increase drama in images.
- Extensive color and toning controls for vibrant color combinations.
- Batch processing which auto-detects brackets.
- Modern user interface design makes for a comfortable, understandable experience.
- Built-in sharing supports popular photo communities and social networks.
- RAW, JPG, TIFF and other popular files support for the greatest flexibility.
- Workflow tailored to any style with support for using as a standalone app or as a plug-in to popular host applications.
- Plus you get dozens of other tools to make beautiful HDR photos.
Key new & improved features of Aurora HDR 2017
- NEW - Polarise Filter.
- NEW - Powerful Zone System for Luminosity masks.
- NEW - Feather & Density brush parameters for layer masks.
- NEW - Radial Masking tool.
- NEW - Batch Processing, including automatic recognition of brackets, support for sub-folders and Batch presets.
- NEW - Top & Bottom Adjustment controls. Replaces Top & Bottom Lighting
- NEW - Image Resize/Sharpen on export.
- IMPROVED - Support of different Blend modes for Layers and Textures. Added Darken, Color Burn and Lighten
- IMPROVED - Advanced Tone Mapping controls. Better recovery of "washed" highlights.
- IMPROVED - Color Temperature tool. Produces more realistic results
- IMPROVED - Advanced Structure & Clarity technology for better sharpening.
- IMPROVED - Color Filter/Selective Color tool. Added Hue adjustments
- IMPROVED - Over 70 categorized HDR presets, including new sets from Trey Ratcliff, Serge Ramelli & Captain Kimo
- IMPROVED - Gradient Masking tool.
- IMPROVED - Native RAW files support, including better DNG handling.
- IMPROVED - Reduced noise and better color rendering on initial tone-map
- IMPROVED - Open HDR dialog. Added ability to remove images from exposure series prior to merging. Improved alignment. Increased speed of merging.
- IMPROVED - Revolutionary tone-mapping technology. Reduced introduction of noise, improved realism of initial results
- IMPROVED - Overall application speed.
- IMPROVED - Layer masking painting performance increased by 50%
- IMPROVED - User interface. Cleaner, more modern style.
- IMPROVED - Maximum zoom level increased to 3000%.
Download the full Aurora HDR 2017 User Guide in PDF Format
Download Aurora HDR 2016 User Guide in PDF Format